[Resolved} Users can not see system message telling them why password is wrong

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #1 by Tbez
Hi,

Your Password Control plugin has exactly what I am looking for for my website, but unfortunately I cannot make it work with my template. Users can not see the messages like for example "Welcome (..) since it's you first time (...) please change password"

I have only used Joomla for about one month, so you must exuse my lack of Joomla-knowledge.

I searched the web and found a forum post stating that in some templates, there is no place to put the system message - I did as it suggested and inserted the following text at the bottom of my template css file:

(jdoc:include type="message" /)
Note: I could not use
The topic has been locked.
10 years 4 months ago #2 by geoffc
A lot of the template frameworks pull shenanigans with the system messages - and as a result, they don't always display. This includes templates by Artisteer, those using the T3 and the Gantry frameworks, and possibly others.

You do not say what specific template you are using but it may well be one of the above.

One of the ways around this is to use a module to display the messages. A search of the JED will show a number of possible solutions to the problem. One that catches the eye might be the one at this link . Not that we are familiar with it or specifically recommending it, but it looks like it might be suitable for you, but are sure others will perform the same task.

Regards
Geoff
10 years 4 months ago #3 by Tbez
Hi Geoff.

Thanks for answering my post.

The plugin you suggested solved my problem - I could remove the text I inserted in the template css, and it works fine.

My template is MJ-nustar by the way.

Best regards Thomas
10 years 4 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #4 by geoffc
You are welcome. Glad your problem is now solved. I will mark the topic as resolved.

Regards
Geoff
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries