Default Project not setting for new Issues

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #1 by BEtheredge
Under the Issue Tracker Options > Issue Defaults - Default Project, I have - Select Project - set

but it is not applying when a user create a new ticket.

Am I missing something that is overriding the drop down option that is set to - Select Project - to IT Support instead?

I managed to apply an override to fix this temporarily in file views/form/tmpl/edit.php :
if ($parameters->get('show_project_name', 0)) : ?>
<div class="formelm">
<?php echo $this->form->getLabel('related_project_id'); ?>
<?php //echo $this->form->getInput('related_project_id'); ?>
<select id="jformrelated_project_id" name="jform[related_project_id]" onchange="getProjectTypes(this.form);displayFormFields(this.form);" class="inputbox" required>
<option disabled selected value>- Select Project -</option>
<option value="13">PMTools</option>
<option value="11">IT Support</option>
</select>
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

Now I am presented with a blank screen when I try so save any projects within the admin.
Projects Edit Page before saving link: mysite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_issuetracker&view=itprojects&layout=edit&id=13
Projects Page after saving link: mysite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_issuetracker&layout=edit&id=13

Refreshing the page or "Fixing" the database under the Extensions Manager does not help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #2 by geoffc
I first apologize for the delay in responding.

From the screen shot of your settings, I would have expected that you specify the 'default project' to be the one that the client would see. I note that you have it un-populated as shown by the 'Select Project' text in the field. This would not prevent the 'other' projects from being visible to the user to select.

Can I assume that the two project you refer to, 'PM Tools' and 'IT Support' are already present in the projects table? If not they really should be set up there, so that they are available to the 'save' routine.

[ If these are the only two projects you wish the user (or guest) to see then you need to ensure that the appropriate access groups are set correctly. It shouldn't be necessary to have to use the code work around. ]

I haven't seen the problem you are reporting and suspect that it is the configuration above that is causing the problem.

Aside: One other thing that does impact the setting of a default project is that individual users may have a 'default project' set as well, which is used in preference to the default component option. I do not think that is involved here, but must mention it as it is another place that needs to be checked.

Regards
Geoff

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3 by BEtheredge
I assumed that setting "- Select Project -", would not populate a Project ID by default which would require users to choose one of the Project ID's (PM Tools, IT Support). Since the users only had one option (IT Support) before before adding PM Tools, I wanted to be sure they were not always selecting IT Support when they needed PM Tools which is assigned to one user. The Project settings are set up in the Project Table:

When you mention "ensure the appropriate access group are set correctly", are you refferring to the Access setting within the Project ID? Both Project ID's are set to All Locations(Registered). All Issue Tracker - People are set to Registered and Notify ONLY. Only Admin have all options selected (Registered, Admin, Staff, Notify, Published). All Issue Tracker - People individual profiles are set to Assigned Project > - Select Project - with a User Role - User . All Admin are set to IT Support.

I am not positive that the snippet I inserted is causing the blank page since it is only applied at the edit ticket page/create new ticket page, which works fine (templates/mytemplate/html/com_issuetracker/form/tmpl/edit.php). Reason why I suspect this is because on the live site, the blank page occurs - on our test site, the blank page does not occur. I have applied the above changes to both the live site and the test site.
Attachments:

7 years 6 months ago #4 by geoffc
Partially correct. All issues have to have a defined project, even if it is the 'Undefined Project' added when the component was installed, unless it has been deleted. The option enables a preset default to be applied.

The best was would have been to set 'IT Project' as the default, I suspect.

When I was mentioning access groups, I was referring to the Joomla ACL levels which are supported by the component. Not wanting to go into too much detail here since ACL's are covered in the Joomla docs.

The blank page you are seeing sounds more like a coding error. Try turning on the Joomla debug option and reporting options on the Joomla site showing the problem, and it should give you some more information. The settings are probably turned off since it is your live site that is showing the problem. Turning them on temporarily to find the problem and turn them back off afterwards.

Regards
Geoff

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #5 by BEtheredge
I enabled the debug but I am not exactly sure as to what I am looking for. With debug enabled, the blank page does not show the report after saving. However, loading a project to edit (before saving) does show the debug report -again, I am not sure what I am looking for.
There are 22 screen shots of the report, are you looking for anything in particular? I have added the first 3 ss of the report of the database queries:

Attachments:

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #6 by BEtheredge
I checked the Debug on the Test server with the same applied changes and it gets the same debug report to with duplicate queries. I could copy the report from the html if needed.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries