Progress Information

7 years 7 months ago #1 by ppetree
Progress Information was created by ppetree
How do you enable / add progress information from the front end? I don't want developers traipsing through the back end to update the issue's progress.

Also, is there a setting that gets enabled which allows the issue to be clicked on and full details of that issue to be displayed? On my front end there is no such link... I can get from projects to issues but then its just a high level view of the issue.

Thanks!

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Progress Information
The display of progress information on the front end is an option, which by default is off. Look at the Issue Tracker menu options. This impacts anyone including guest viewing an issue which is why it is off by default.

If the user is logged in the option controls whether the progress information is displayed.

If the issue originator, or the issue assignee (or issue admin) is editing the issue, then the progress information is always displayed and they can add additional information. No need to access the back end at all.

Regards
Geoff

7 years 6 months ago #3 by ppetree
Replied by ppetree on topic Progress Information
I'm still not getting any progress news on the front end...

From the front end, this extension is only available to logged in staff otherwise no one else will see the menu item. The menu shows the 4+ active projects. When you click on a project you get the issues (open and closed) but you don't get any of the progress details.

I did update a few of the menu items but so far nothing is appearing. Which specific settings need to be changed?

Thanks,

Pete

7 years 6 months ago #4 by geoffc
The option is 'show progress details'.

In the component it is on the 'Front End' tab, but the one that is most probably not set in on the List menu item 'Display Options' just below half way down the page.

This should all be described in the documentation, which tries to explain all the various options.

Regards
Geoff

7 years 6 months ago #5 by ppetree
Replied by ppetree on topic Progress Information
Geoff,

I've been through the manuals... granted, I didn't read everything but I have a good grasp. The problem is, what I'm reporting isn't as clear cut as your instructions. The field that you asked me to change is already set and I still can't see the progress details or update the progress from the frontend. I've attached a file.

While this is currently only visible to superusers/admins, we hope to make the tool available to paying customers as part of our customer service offering.
Attachments:

7 years 6 months ago #6 by geoffc
Hmmm. Your last post indicated that the progress information was visible to superusers/admins, which leads me to think that it has to be user settings. I am not aware of any bugs in this area, or to be precise I have not been informed of any.

So to explain a little more. An issue is editable in the front end only by the user who 'identified' it, and whose name appears in the 'identified by' field.. [Not forgetting issue admin and the person who is assigned to work on the issue, as shown in the 'assigned_to field.]

To update an issue, the user is presented with an addition field named 'Additional information' where they can submit more details. They do NOT have the ability to edit 'old' progress records. They can only add more information or new text correcting their previously entered information. This maintains the progress history. Each new update will create a 'new' progress record, which is associated with the issue. It is a mandatory field required when the user edits the issue and has to be filled in.

It is possible in the back end to edit progress records but is not common, since we wish to maintain an 'auditable' record of the progress on an issue.

Each progress record is a separate record in the database and follows the Joomla ACL rules. Hence it has its own 'published' field and its own ACL group. Thus to see the progress records each record has to be part of (or one of) their ACL group(s). The rationale is that some progress records may be 'private/internal' for internal tracking purposes and not desirous of being seen by the 'identifier'. In this case they would have an ACL group that the user cannot see, but the assignee/issue admin can view. So it might be worth checking the ACL group and publishing status of the progress records, which are set when the progress record is saved (or edited).

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries