Configuring Issue Tracker

7 years 10 months ago #7 by ashley
Replied by ashley on topic Configuring Issue Tracker
Thanks you very much, well, I just turned off 'DIsplay Staff Details' and the select assigned filter is now showing.

One last thing, can you possibly tell me all the php files I have to add code to, I'f I'm to have the 'Last Modified' date filter to work fully and even to show under the list filter options at the backend.
I'll see how i can play around and add the code.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #8 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Configuring Issue Tracker
First I must warn you that release 1.7.0 changes the code somewhat, so any changes you make will need some reworking for future versions.

Filtering on date is always a little more complex since one wants a start date and end date for the filter, so that one can display records before , after and between two dates. This requires two calendar fields to be displayed for each. We already show the two fields for the identification date, so you would require two more for the modification date and two more for the creation date. [Creation date is when the issue is first stored in the database, identification date is the date when the problem was first noted, which may well be prior to it being reported.] . This (IMHO) makes the display somewhat messy, hence the changes being implemented in 1.7.0, [Note to self - remember to look at the date fields specifically. :) ].

Therefore if you wish to proceed, take a look at the views/itissueslist/tmpl/default.php file specifically around lines 209 -> 222. These control the display. These need to be picked up and processed in the itissueslist model, so you also need to edit that file as well, in a number of places, to pick up the filter values, and then process them . You would need to add some new language strings to reflect the display label and description as well. [If you are editing the file system directly these would go into the site/languages/en_GB/com_issuetracker.ini file, or your the file in your specific language directory. ] I do not think that there are any other places that would need changing, unless you also wanted to add it as a component option to control whether it is displayed or not, which I suspect being 'bespoke' you would not wish to do.

Regards
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries