Sending wrong link to customer at Issue creation

7 years 10 months ago #1 by ashley
Good Day!Thank you for your amazing component

I have a problem when I create an issue and the resultant email that is sent to the customer has a wrong link which doesn't point to the issue,it gives something like this :
The following issue has been assigned to you.

You can update the issue at http://localhost/joom/index.php?option=com_issuetracker&view=itissues&id=48

But the 'joom' part is not my website name, where can I change this part so that it gives the user the right link which points them to the issue.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #2 by geoffc
The first part of the link is not something that the component itself defines. The component always starts at the 'index.php.xxxxxx' strings when its using redirections.

i.e. When Joomla components generate the URL for the action attribute of the <form> tag, they use the JRoute class and the non-SEF URL. Here is typically how the form of the component presents the link:
<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_issuetracker&task=xxxx.yyyy'); ?>"

In the email sending routines it gets the domain from the configuration settings.
$domain = $params->get('imap_site_base', '');
      if (empty($domain)) $domain = JURI::root();

It sounds like there is something mis-configured in the component or your Joomla setup some where. Check the imap_site_base component setting as a starting point since that is what is most likely wrong.

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: ashley

7 years 10 months ago #3 by ashley
Thanks for that, can you possibly tell me where exactly I can look/change the imap_site_base component setting?

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #4 by geoffc
Go into back end, and go into the component Control Panel. In top RHS there is an 'options' button. Then look under the CRON tab at the last field in the list 'Site Base'.

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: ashley

7 years 10 months ago #5 by ashley
Thanks! worked :)

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries