Custom Fields - Add Field Type Web page

7 years 10 months ago #1 by davidunwin
One of the reasons we are looking at Issue Tracker is to be able to monitor issues on our web site.
It would useful

therefore to be able to have a custom field where users can enter the web page related to the issue in question with Field Type - Web Page
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #2 by geoffc
In the documentation there is a section upon custom fields, and I saw on your site the field you mention. In fact I had to enter value in to get the issue to save.

Since you want the user to enter a web page a text field is probably the way to go. I cannot recall off hand the filters that are applicable to the text field

There is a sample custom field group and a few custom fields in the release which may help to design what you require. I do know that some sites are using it with over 25 different custom fields, but that is probably quite extreme.

f I am misunderstanding could you expand the question out a little?

Regards
Geoff

7 years 10 months ago #3 by davidunwin
Hi Geoff,
First of all this is not a problem with Issue tracker. it more a thought about an enhancement.
The the list of field types you can have inclide text area, drop down etc. It might be useful to have a field type Link say (where http:// is required) so the field could be something like www.acme.com/problem-page.html
So that when the person reviewing the issue will see the link for the web page that is referred to in the issue and can click on to go directly to the page.
So it is just a thought for an enhancement, not a .

PS I have now switched off required field on our system for this custom field.

David

7 years 10 months ago #4 by geoffc
OK I understand now. I did wonder if that might be the case.

Its been a while since I last looked at the custom field code so am unsure how much of a change this might be. I will add it to the possible list of enhancements although I am not sure when or if it would be implemented. As always it depends upon a lot of other things and their priorities.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries