How to set up Issue Edit in Front End

7 years 11 months ago #7 by geoffc
The 'Invalid Form' message is an indication that one (or more) of the mandatory fields is not filled in. Possible one of the custom fields perhaps? This is not an error per se, and is expected behaviour if required information is not supplied. The required fields are marked with an asterisk by the field title.

This is unrelated to the other real save problem. Its the 'Invalid Address: Admin Team' message that is puzzling me.

Turning on the component logging may provide some additional information in the component log, but I was mainly referring to the Joomla DEBUG mode itself.

To resolve it further I would require admin and ftp access to the site, the later to enable me to possibly add additional check code. You could send these details to me as the support at macrotoneconsulting.co.uk address, rather than supplying them in the forum.

Yes I know that adding a confidential tag around the information in the forum post is supposed to be secure but being old school I prefer not to supply such information in the forum myself.

Regards
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #8 by davidunwin
Hi Geoff,
Sending the credentials via email.
No rush on this as I am away for 10 days from Wednesday. Also we are only evaluation Issue tracker to see if we can use it in our club

Kind regards
David

7 years 11 months ago #9 by geoffc
Got the details OK. Will look at it and see what I find and keep you posted.

Regards
Geoff

7 years 11 months ago #10 by geoffc
Well the message 'Invalid address: Admin Team' is related to a user account so it is the email address sending that is being complained about.
Not sure exactly why yet, or whether it is the component or the JMail API that is raising the error. Will look at the code and decide the best way to isolate it further.

You may alreay be aware of this since the issue I updated on your site was sending email, according to the component log.

Regards
Geoff

7 years 11 months ago #11 by geoffc
I think I know what the problem is. I suspect it is the JMail API change introduced in 3.5.1 and your site has more than one 'admin' users hence it is hitting the problem. I can test this on a test site and work out a fix if I am correct. Now to test the hypothesis..

Regards
Geoff

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #12 by geoffc
No not quite correct in my thoughts but yes it is the JMail API change that is the cause ( i suspect) now to make the change on your site and test.

I managed to duplicate the problem and the fix works fine on my test site.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries