How to set up Issue Edit in Front End

7 years 11 months ago #1 by davidunwin
I am just test Issue tracker.
I can display a list of issues in the Front End. But I can't see how a authorised user can edit issues in the front end.
I can't see any options that I need to set on to allow this....Am I being dumb?

Kind regards
David
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2 by geoffc
I shall assume that you have already read the documentation and referred to the FAQ first before raising this topic so will merely highlight the important points.

To edit an issue in the front end one must either be the person who opened the issue (or more accurately the person who is 'identified' as raising the issue), the person who the issue is assigned to, or an issue administrator. An assigned person has to be a 'staff' member or an issue administrator, as indicated in the people table shown in the back end.

In addition since issue tracker uses Joomla ACLs, the required permissions need to be given to the 'registered' user group to edit (and create) issues.

Thirdly the person has to be logged in on the front end otherwise we cannot know who is viewing the issue.

I am assuming that the person can also 'view' the individual issue, which is a slightly different topic. This aspect requires either that the issue is either selectable from an 'issue list' display (usual situation), or from a specific menu item (not so common).

If the above is true then when viewing an issue the user is provided with either an 'edit' button' or a 'edit ' icon in the drop down 'caret/tool icon' in the top right hand of the issue display.

The issue docs and FAQ go into more details and should be referred to for the details.

Regards
Geoff

7 years 11 months ago #3 by geoffc
Your image display indicates that you need to turn on the menu option to 'show child links', so that the title is a link which you can select and hence view the issue in more detail.

Regards
Geoff

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #4 by davidunwin
Geoff ,
Thanks. I had the child link turned on in Options, but in the menu Item I had it turned off!
So that problem is fixed. But now when I edit the item in the Front End and try to save changes
I get message "Invalid address: Admin Team"
See image
Attachments:

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #5 by geoffc
I can honestly say I have never seen that particular message or seen that screen image before. I certainly also do not recognise the message 'Invalid address: Admin Team'. It is not text that I can find in the code or language files either.

I am wondering if something else is getting in the way of the save?

I will have a another search through the code but am not hopeful of finding it. It might be worth turning on Joomla debugging to see if you can get any more information which might give a clue. I will probably also need some system details if I am going to get any possibility of replicating the problem.

Update: I have searched the code base and cannot find anything similar to the text in the screen image. I have tried various substrings such as ;invalid address' and even 'admin team' without any success. It is possible that you might have used a language override but I very much doubt it. Hence I conclude that if must be coming from somewhere else, such as another plugin. Any form of SEF plugin in use? Without more details of your system I can only currently guess at a possible cause.

Regards
Geoff

7 years 11 months ago #6 by davidunwin
Hi Geoff, I turned on debugging in Issue Tracker, is this what you meant?
I now get a pop up when I try and save saying 'Invalid Form' ... Any help.
Happy to give you system admin access to our site if you want to look for yourself.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries