Not possible to delete user

7 years 11 months ago #1 by Duckknight
Hi again,

maybe I'm to stupid.
I try to delete some User in the Issue Tracker user controll.
But If I delete the user (check the box an press delete).
A green line in the top told me that the delete of data is deactive in the configuration of this component.
I can not find any setting where I can change that.
I want do delete all the "local" user I build for testing and also the user from testdata of the issue tracker test data.

blind or stupid, but I serach one hour in the system an some time in the forum and can find nothing, so I aks this stupid question.

Thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Not possible to delete user
Not stupid at all, as it can be a little complex so let me try and explain.

In the component parameters under the 'defaults' there is a delete mode parameter. It was designed to prevent items being removed, mainly issues,but also impacts users as well. The default is that it is disabled, but there are 'hard' and 'soft' delete options. Not had any reports of problems with this parameter but it is probably not one of the most well used.

If they are Joomla defined users then deleting them in the Joomla user manger should work (and is probably best since other components may be impacted as well), providing the issue tracker system plugin is enabled. If 'unregistered' Joomla users them the delete has to be done in the Issue Tracker people view. Either way the component parameter then further impacts what happens to the 'user' issues. i..e Removes them or re-assigns them to a specified user.

I think there is mention of the setting in the FAQ, but its a while since I last looked and probably only mentions it impacting issues I suspect (without looking).

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Duckknight

7 years 11 months ago #3 by Duckknight
Thanks,

I change the setting to soft an I can delete the users I don't need.
Everything is fine right now.

I will work with issue tracker and check this other intresting things in it.
Great work. Thank you for the unbelievable support.

7 years 11 months ago #4 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Not possible to delete user
You are welcome. We try our best.

Regards
Geoff

7 years 8 months ago #5 by SniperPike
First of all, thanks for making this component free.

I've been looking for a simple plugin/component for some time, without a lot of unessesary features.
And think I've found it here. Users can ask a question, and an admin can answer it.

But after playing around with the demo-content, I tried to delete the users, to build it up from the ground.

I got the same problem as above mentioned, but got that fixed. But now I get this error, when deleting some of the users (Some where appearently deleted:

1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`min_barsel_dk`.`#__it_issues`, CONSTRAINT `#__it_issues_assigned_to_fk` FOREIGN KEY (`assigned_to_person_id`) REFERENCES `#__it_people` (`user_id`)) SQL=UPDATE `#__it_issues` SET assigned_to_person_id = 0, identified_by_person_id = 1 WHERE assigned_to_person_id in (4) OR identified_by_person_id in (4)

I really hope this can be solved, I think this component is what I need :)

Sincerely,
Martin

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #6 by chrisc
Replied by chrisc on topic Not possible to delete user
I am aware of this particular problem and have I think resolved it in the next release.

First the reason. There are one (or more) issues that are assigned to the person (or people) you are trying to delete.

I think that is your testing you created one (or more) of the test users as 'staff' (or admin) and then assigned issues to that person (id of 4) (or those people). The error is coming because 'the code is not checking the 'assigned' field in the issues when the users are deleted.

Users that were not assigned issues would (I think) have been deleted. Hence what you see.

I can provide you with the code to resolve the problem if you feel confident about making a change. (Need to look back to find it first!) Or the users can be removed by either 're-assigning' the issues (or deleting them if you no longer require them) that are assigned to the people you are trying to delete, Then the user(s) can be deleted. (The foreign key error is the clue in this case. There is another way but the above is probably the easiest.)

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control
The following user(s) said Thank You: SniperPike

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries