Custom fields

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by crag
Custom fields was created by crag
Hi!

I'm an absolute beginner to Issue Tracker. I'm trying to customize it, but I have some doubts.

- Is there any way to include the custom fields I have already created as new columns in the list of issues table?
- In the list of all issues, is it possible to add a new filter based on one of the custom fields I've created?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #2 by chrisc
Replied by chrisc on topic Custom fields
Two very good and interesting questions.

In answer to your first question, the answer is no. Custom fields are stored, all together is a single field in the issues table. They are stored as a JSON object. The rationale is that the amount of complexity required to have 'individual' fields in the table is immense. Either that or one would restrictions upon how many and what types of fields would be possible. We investigated using additional table fields but to be honest it was never going to be a realistic solution.

The second question is more interesting since in theory this is possible and something that was looked at but not implemented. It would be necessary to search the 'JSON' field and then if the string was found to extract out the individual fields (and record) for display. There was (at the time of development) no requirement for this type of search so it was not developed.. If there is a real need for searching custom fields then we can look at this again for a possible future enhancement release. The next question would be whether the search is required for the 'standard Joomla search' and/or 'Finder (smart search).

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

8 years 1 month ago #3 by crag
Replied by crag on topic Custom fields
Thanks for your quick answer!

An aditional question about custom fields.... Let's suppose I've created a custom field. When I create a new issue a form is displayed, where I have to fill all the fields. I've seen my custom field appears in section "Issue Details" in this form. Is it possible that it appears in any other section, as for example in "Issue Resolution"?

Regards!

8 years 1 month ago #4 by chrisc
Replied by chrisc on topic Custom fields
The custom fields are displayed in a specific area in the issue form and issue display which is determined by the code position in the view display.

There is nothing to stop one from creating a template override and modifying the code to position the custom fields where you desire.

I mention creating a template override because in that way any changes you make are retained over any component update. Also you can play around with the code and if you make any mistakes you will always have the main code to fall back on.

The two views you would want to modify are located in component/com_issuetracker./views and are the itissues/tmpl and form/tmpl folders. Using the form as an example change the edit.php file and move the lines 247 to 276 inclusive. In the itissues view display.php file the line is around 151.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries