Email notification

8 years 3 weeks ago #7 by BEtheredge
Replied by BEtheredge on topic Email notification
I have the recent update, Version 1.6.10, and the email notifications are currently sent to a distribution group (that I am a part of). Under the Joomla Global Config, I have changed the Reply to Address to my email and I am not getting any notifications, yet the notifications are still being sent to the Distro Group list and I am not getting the notifications from that Distro List either, yet others within that list are receiving the notifications.
What am I missing?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 weeks ago #8 by chrisc
Replied by chrisc on topic Email notification
Issue Tracker itself, as you are aware, does not specifically handle distribution lists, and uses the standard Joomla mailing mechanisms for sending the notifications.

Two things occur to me, which may or may be worth consideration.
1. Issue Tracker itself has a 'reply to' configuration setting and I wonder whether this is being used in preference to the Joomla global setting. Not tried myself but might explain the situation.

2. The distribution list that you are part of and are not receiving notification from must in some way be related to the distribution list itself and sounds as if it is filtering out your address since it is the 'reply-to' address. I do not claim to be an expert in distribution list handling but this might just explain it?

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries