Email notification

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1 by Duckknight
Hello,

maybe I am to stupit, but I can't run the email notification, if I create a new issue.
I'm using the actual Joomla Version 3.4.8, everything in Joomla works fine, the contact form and other modules can use the mailsystem.
I don't activate the cron mails in issue tracker, but I think that has nothing do do with the mail sending.
So what is wrong?
I activate ALL messages like, new issue, change issue and so on.
This for Users and Administrator.
I also checked my spam folders but I didn't get any email notification.
Can someone help me? What I have to do to get a notfication if a issue is created, changed or closed?
... or is there a part where I have to pay for this function, in this case I can close everything, cause it is for our new clubwebpage.
Thanks to al!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #2 by Duckknight
Replied by Duckknight on topic Email notification
OK I found one thing, the msut have the right zu get mails.
This works.

B U T : I get allways the message: Keine Aktualisierung des Fortschritts-Datensatzes vorhanden, Update-E-Mail an den Benutzer übersprungen. Issue: in my log.
It means No actual dataset in the progress, but this wrong I changes something and the system say skipped sending a email in the Logs.

Whats wrong?

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #3 by chrisc
Replied by chrisc on topic Email notification
There are two specific differences in the email setups.

First notification are sent using the criteria specific in the Joomla email setup. If one can send emails using the Joomla settings them Issue Tracker should work fine. You could try turning on component logging which should then generate a few additional messages in the log that will aid in finding which particular setting is incorrect.

The cron setup for receiving emails is 'different' since Joomla does not provide this ability so the component has specific settings to specify the mail server to collect emails from and the frequency etc. The Issue Tracer Design guide (and Advanced Configuration Guide) goes into more detail on this particular setup. There are two possible setups, using either the CLI or a web cron scheduler.

I would first concentrate upon the automatic sending of email notifications and once that is working think about the receiving of emails to create and update issues. Each user has a flag 'email notification' which has to be set before an email is sent to them. Likewise there are component settings to control which type of notifications are sent. i.e. Creation, Update and/or Closure notifications.. When an issue is saved after being created/or updated the email notification are generated and it is then that the specific recipients and the types of notifications are checked and if configured correctly automatically created. From the message you are seeing I suspect that the component is not configured to send 'update' emails, and/or the issue recipients are not configured (in the people screen) to receive updates.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

8 years 2 months ago #4 by Duckknight
Hi,

thanks 4 the answer, but it dosn't work. Until now I have no issues with the cron job, this will be implement later (maybe).
So I have no issue with sending emails, open and close mails work fine.
Only the "update" message will not be send. If I take a look at the log there is no mail issue, the log tay, taht there is no update in progress, but I update it.
In the Update history of an issue I can see the text.
"No update of progress data set available, update email skipped to the user. Issue: Z000000047".
But I want to update the user, the admin everyone :cheer:
The notification are ALL set to E-Mail 4 User at NEW, UPDATE, CLOSE the same for Admin and the editor of issues.

I make some screenshots about the settings and the logfile!

Thanks 4 more help!
Attachments:

8 years 2 months ago #5 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Email notification
There are several reasons why an 'update message' may not be sent.

Assuming that the users are configured to receive notifications (which they are since they are getting open and close messages), and that update notifications are enabled in the component, then the most likely reason is that the actual update text in the message is assigned to an access group that the user is not part of. Each progress record, which is where the update details are held, has its' own control over ACL settings (user groups etc). If a specific update is assigned an ACL group that the user is not part of then the update message would be skipped, since it would detect that the user is not authorised to receive the detalls of the update. i.e. If the progress record is assigned a group other than 'Registered' then registered users would not get the update details.

The message seems to indicate (to me) that it is user that would not get notifications. It should not impact admin/staff getting updates, since that is in another part of the code.

Regards
Geoff

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #6 by Duckknight
Hello,

thanks, that was the solution.
I don't have the standard in the update set to "registered".
Now it work fine.
Thank you very much.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries