users access

8 years 7 months ago #1 by akublik
users access was created by akublik
Hello again, I supose all my questions has been answered but I dont find them...

When the user logs in, is possible to restrict the info only to his issues?

Can we simplify the front end and remove summary or description fields?

thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic users access
As you correctly suppose your questions have been answered at other times.

For your first question see this topic . Basically create a menu item for 'registered' users and use the 'show own' menu option.

A for the question regarding the 'issue summary' and 'description' fields, I assume you are referring to their presence in the 'list displays'. Most of the fields that are shown in the 'list' or 'single item' displays are controlled by default component parameters. These are however the defaults and the menu items themselves have 'override' settings that take precedence for the specific menu item. These setting control, not only the fields that are shown but also things such as whether the 'links' to the single items are shown in the list display as well. The menu settings permit you to show or hide most of the available item fields. There are a few cases whether this is not true, and for single 'issue items' the 'issue summary' and 'description' are always displayed, since they are the most important pieces of information, along with the 'resolution' about an issue.

Most questions are answered in the component documentation , and we also have a Issue Tracker FAQ where it is often quicker to find what you are looking for..

Regards
Geoff

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #3 by mjoraid
Replied by mjoraid on topic users access
Well, in my version is called " Show users issues" and under "Display Options Tab" and the tooltip says

Show users issues
If set to Yes only the issues raised by the logged in user are shown in the list display (published and unpublished). If left at the default (No) then published issues are displayed for all users.

8 years 7 months ago #4 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic users access
Thank you for clarifying, you are of course correct.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries