Edited Language file but some titles not changed

9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by agouriet
Hii,

I hope you could help me a little.

Im in the process of customising the issue tracker, basically changing the word 'issue' to 'ticket' and the word 'project' to 'office/department'

I have located the en-GB.com_issuetracker.ini file and changed all of the terminology. even thought his is the case, under the 'new issues' page at 'ticket details' it still has two fields that I need to change. These are 'project id*' and 'issue type'.

Where can I locate the file that need to be changed?

many thanks

Andy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by geoffc
The two label strings that you desire to change the values of are:

COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_ISSUE_TYPE_LABEL
COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_RELATED_PROJECT_ID_LABEL

Both are located in the site language file en-GB.com_issuetracker.ini
These are used by the file site/components/com_issuetracker/models/forms/itissues.xml which defines the fields for the front end.

I presume that you are specifying the modified strings in the en-GB override file so as to preserve your changes over any component update.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by agouriet
I haven't actually used the override but it's probably an idea i do so!

I have edited those lines in the file and uploaded previous, but it doesn't seem to update the fields.

within the file it has the following two entries relating to the fields:

COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_ISSUE_TYPE_LABEL="Ticket Type"
COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_PROJECT_NAME_LABEL="Office/Department Name"

even thought this has been done and re-uploaded... those two fields still haven't changed.

Andy

9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by geoffc
You are half right. One of the strings you changed was wrong.

Try:
COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_RELATED_PROJECT_ID_LABEL="Office/Department Name"

The other string was definitely correct so you should have seen the impact. I just tried them on my live system and immediately after flushing the cache the new values were shown. The only thing that I can think of is if one of your other changes is 'syntactically' wrong. A simple syntax error such as omitting (or adding) to many double quotes can have funny effects.

Try changing these two strings in the language override and if may help in identifying what is wrong.

I would strongly recommend the use of language overrides to give yourself the least amount of work in the future. There is some details in the Customisation Guide if you are unsure or want more details.

Regards
Geoff

8 years 7 months ago #5 by Krzysiekwro
I decided to join this thread as I think that my problem is similar. I'm preparing Polish version of IT translation and I made use of incomplete Polish language file from Transifex. I added missing expressions and uploaded it. There is no problem with backend as it's now fully translated, but I have a problem with frontend.
As you can see on the attached printscreen some expressions are translated, but most of them are still in English. I decide to use Localise to check if anything is correct and I applied some changes. Nothing changed unfortunately on my frontend. Furthermore, I couldn't locate the introductory phrase: "Please supply a short title that describes your issue, and in the description box provide as much detail as possible to enable us to try and quickly resolve your problem." in any language file. I can't see any problems with syntax in PL language file and I now I have simply run out of ideas. Maybe you can help me somehow.
Attachments:

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #6 by geoffc
Hmmm. Visual inspection doesn't reveal anything immediately wrong with the file. All strings seem to be starting and ending with a double quote which is what they should be, and I cannot immediately see any rogue characters but again this is not a Latin alphabet so I may have missed something.

My next step will be to install it on a site with the PL language installed and try and see what I can find. I have a multilingual site that I can carry out a test upon, but will need to load the appropriate language before I can test anything. I will try and run some tests tomorrow morning, all being well and let you know what I find.

Update: File is loading OK, and no error messages seen regarding translated strings when language debug turned on for the site. I am wondering about the database collation setting.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries