issue detail font ugly

9 years 1 week ago #1 by John Murray
sorry if this has been raised before - search returns no results no matter what i try.....
using joomla 3.4 / issue tracker current

i've poured through all the files under components/issue_tracker as well as administrator/components/com_issuetracker. it appears i just need to change the style of dl-horitzontal. where is this?

i plan on using override to survive component updates

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic issue detail font ugly
The CSS file for the front end is media/com_issuetracker/css/issuetracker.css. I am away from my system at the moment so cannot specifically check. If not in there then the setting will be coming from one of the template CSS files.
You can always find the precise location by using the browser webmaster tools. These would also enable you to test out any desired changes to see how they look before you edit the relevant file, or add a later override.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 4 days ago #3 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic issue detail font ugly
The dl-horizontal CSS rule lines up the terms (<dt>) and descriptions (<dd>) in <dl> elements side-by-side. Starts off like default <dl>s, but when the browser window expands, it will line up side-by-side. See this link .

This is a bootstrap definition so is not present in the issuetracker css files. If your template is not using bootstrap then it will not have any impact because it is not defined, unless there is a specific definition for the rule in your own specific template.

It shouldn't impact the specific font from the CSS that I can see, so I am a little puzzled.

If it is a line up problem then you can add a css rule yourself as an override.

The following is from the bootstrap css file.
.dl-horizontal dt{float:left;width:160px;overflow:hidden;clear:left;text-align:right;text-overflow:ellipsis;white-space:nowrap}
.dl-horizontal dd{margin-left:180px}

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries