Macrotone Consulting creates Joomla extensions to meet business needs. These are generally available for public download and usage. Unless specified otherwise these extensions are released without any form of warranty. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure they meet the required need.
Versioning and current release schedule is show here.
There are specific 'Frequently Asked Questions' FAQs for the extensions and a general Support FAQ available.
This component plots the reported position of IP addresses upon Google maps. It comprises a full administration component and a couple of front end modules. Multiple map displays are possible. IP address may be obtained in a number of ways.
- Manual entry in the administration component
- Synchronisation with the Web Application Firewall log of Akeeba Admin Tools Pro
- Site visitor information collected via a configurable module.
The Macrotone Consulting Issue Tracker component is an example of what is often described as a trouble ticket system; a support ticket or incident ticket system; or a Helpdesk system. Issue tracking systems are commonly used in an organization's Customer Support / Call Centre to create, update, and resolve reported customer issues, or even issues reported by that organization's other employees.
An issue tracking system is similar to a "bug tracker", and often, a software company will sell both, and some bug trackers are capable of being used as an issue tracking system, and vice versa. Consistent use of an issue or Bug Tracking System is considered one of the "hallmarks of a good software team".
As release Joomla only provides some rudimentary control of user's passwords. The basic Joomla authentication of the user's password is whether the two entries match. If they match the user can continue. Password Control adds some additional controls to improve site security.
There are also a few additional Joomla extensions that we developedand use ourselves which are also available for others to use. These include the following:
- The EU Cookie plugin was built to comply with the European Directive for the display of Cookie information upon a web site and teh obtaining of user consent.
- Clean Lines Template This template developed for our own usage is build specifically for Joomla 2.5. Build on the Beez 5 template it is available with five colour options and a fixed or fluid width. It is available in the download area.