The Joomla project has released its version 3.6 stable package.
This new Joomla release has lots of bug fixes and over 400 improvements to make everyone's day to day Joomla usage easier.
One thing we did like was that the Joomla team has also created a made a great Joomla 3.6 microsite highlighting all the main features. Even more items can be seen in the Joomla 3 FAQ as well as a more technical list on the project's GitHub repository.
Here are some of the highlighted features:
- Joomla update can now perform a reinstall reverting back to default code.
- Usability improvements that help find things easier and get things done quicker with dropdown task execution.
- New Sub form field function for developers to take advantage of. Developers should read this as nested forms and enhanced repeatable fields.
- On the fly category creation will make content editors happy as they can create a new item and a new category in the same process.
- Menu type ACL gives even more control to fine-tune permissions on backend menus.
- New option to show all items from all menus gives a quick overview of what is displayed where on the website. It makes it easier to spot duplicated links, missing menu items or just obtain an overview of every menu on your site.
There are many features to explore and remember that our components work fine with this new Joomla release!